Read this to me
The August 31, 2020 deadline has now passed
BTS: A Paradigm Changer
in Martech and/or Innovation
Special Issues for 2020 ICAMA-KAS International Conference
October 31-November 1, Jeju, Republic of Korea & Online
Asia Marketing Journal &
The Rhizomatic Revolution Review 
Asia Marketing Journal (AMJ) and The Rhizomatic Revolution Review  (R3) present this call for papers for the 2020 ICAMA-KAS International Conference. The best papers addressing the topic of “BTS: A Paradigm Changer in Martech and/or Innovation” from submissions to the 2020 ICAMA-KAS International Conference will be considered for publication in one of two special issues published by AMJ and R3, respectively.
The relationship between BTS and their fans is a contemporary case study in the power of social media for marketing and brand management. But while the popularity and commercial success of BTS is often credited to their mere presence in social media, their results suggest that there might be more to the strategy than just that presence, as the group’s bond with their fans has led to disruption of markets such as those of music, entertainment, fashion, and others, breaking cultural and accessibility barriers. BTS’s label, BigHit Entertainment, was considered the fourth most innovative company of 2020 by business and innovation specialized magazine Fast Company, and BTS continues to break records in ways that place them as paradigm changers in martech, innovation, and branding.
As 2020 ICAMA-KAS International Conference will address “Marketing and Advertising in an Age of Radical Change,” the case of BTS and ARMY (their fanbase) offers valuable perspectives in regards to the role of collaborative culture, emotional branding, martech, and innovation in successful practices for today’s world. The aim of the special issues of Asia Market Journal and The Rhizomatic Revolution Review  are to publish quantitative and qualitative research about topics such as, but not limited to:
- Fan-driven marketing and promotional activities;
- Consumer habits within the fandom;
- Fan labor and fan-made content;
- The role of participatory culture and collective creation;
- Transmedia content;
- The role of storytelling in marketing and branding;
- The impact of augmented reality (AR) on marketing activities, customer experience, and fan-artist relationship;
- Use of direct platforms (e.g., Weverse) versus marketplace (YouTube, Naver, etc.);
- Data-driven strategies in martech, innovation and branding;
- User feedback in UX and product design (cases: Weverse, Weply, BTS World, ARMY membership, and others);
- The role of Intellectual Property in innovation;
- Organic marketing and paid advertising;
- Social media practices and community building;
- Combining emotional branding and martech;
- Collective brand management (brand and fans).
Not sure what to propose?
Check out the variety of abstracts from the Kingston University Conference
Schedule for Submission
- August 31, 2020: Extended Abstract Submission
- September 14, 2020: Acceptance Notice (Conference)
- October 31-November 1, 2020: 2020 ICAMA-KAS International Conference in Jeju, Republic of Korea & Online (Scholars from overseas may participate in the conference by uploading their video presentations on the conference website.)
- November 16, 2020: Special Issue Invitation Notice
- December 14, 2020: Full Paper Submission Deadline
Submission Guidelines for Conference
Extended abstracts should be submitted electronically using the Abstract Submission Form. Please have the following items ready when you go to submit your form:
- Full list of creators
- Short Abstract (300 character limit)
- Extended Abstract* (1000 word limit) Should include a list of references (as applicable). References do not count against the word limit.
- Supporting Document* (single page) containing Tables and/or Figures (optional)
- Preferred Journal for Publication**
- Conflict of Interest Disclosure
* Word document and PDF attachments accepted
**Authors will be asked to indicate their preferred journal for publication. This selection is not final. Authors will have the opportunity to confirm or change their journal of preference upon receipt of a Special Invitation Notice.
Authors should NOT reveal their identities in the body of the abstract or references.
AMJ– Submission Guidelines and Review Process for Selected Papers
Presenters who receive a Special Issue Invitation Notice from AMJ must submit their manuscripts through AMJ’s online manuscript management system and follow the author submission guidelines of AMJ. Manuscripts submitted to the special issue should be original contributions and should not be under consideration for any other publication at the same time. Authors should select “Special Issue: 2020 ICAMA-KAS” as “Article Type.” In addition, please indicate in the cover letter that the submission is for the Special Issue for 2020 ICAMA-KAS International Conference.
Manuscripts will go through a peer-review process, and the Special Issue is planned to appear in an issue in 2020 or 2021.
For More Information on AMJ: [email protected]
Professor Jaehwan Kim: [email protected]
Professor Ji Hee Song: [email protected]
Professor Kyunghee Bu: [email protected]
Asia Marketing Journal is an international and interdisciplinary forum for research and debate in the general marketing issues focusing on the substantive domain as well as Asian environment. The journal was launched in 1998 by KMA (Korean Marketing Association) and has been indexed in Korea Citation Index (KCI) since 2003, aiming to be accepted for the SCOPUS index and eventually the SSCI index.
R3 – Submission Guidelines and Review Process for Selected Papers
Presenters who receive a Special Issue Invitation Notice from R3 must submit their final manuscript using R3‘s online manuscript submission system. Manuscripts must adhere to the submission guidelines of R3. Creators should refer to the journal’s style guide for detailed guidance on formatting and style.
Manuscripts submitted to the special issue should be original contributions and should not be under consideration for any other publication at the same time. Creators should submit their manuscript under Academic Articles and select “Special Issue: 2020 ICAMA-KAS” as the Category. Manuscripts will go through a peer review process, and the Special Issue will be published in early 2021.
For More Information on R3: [email protected]
R3 is an online, open-access, peer-reviewed journal focused on the impact of BTS. The aim of the journal is a rigorous, interdisciplinary examination and exploration of the art, fandom, economic effects, and sociocultural forces of and surrounding BTS. was launched in 2020 by a group of independent scholars, professionals, and fans and is in the process of obtaining its ISSN.