Temporary Hold on New Applications
The Rhizomatic Revolution Review  (R3)relies on a network of enthusiastic experts to ensure the integrity and the quality of our content. We are a non-profit, all-volunteer organization, so we offer no monetary compensation for your participation. We understand that your participation would be voluntary and that there will be times when other obligations will not allow your attendance at meetings or to participate in discussions.
We are an interdisciplinary journal, and thus seek individuals knowledgeable in a variety of fields. We welcome academics, professionals, and ARMYs. We are currently seeking individuals to fill the following roles. If you are interested in being a part of our team, we encourage you to apply! You may apply to both the reviewer and editor positions if you desire.
We Need U!
Individuals with experience and knowledge in specific fields. Each submission will have two reviewers.
- Read, view or listen to an assigned submission
- Ensure the factual and logical integrity of assigned
- Compile suggested revisions or improvements
- Provide feedback on time to the Managing Editor
We ask for a
Responsible for overseeing the peer-review process. Each submission will be assigned to a Managing Editor.
- Assign appropriate reviewers to submissions
- Compile feedback from multiple reviewers
- Communicate recommendations to the creator
- Manage the peer-review process by deadline
We had many wonderful applications so we are not recruiting for Managing Editors at this time.
Ensure that submissions being prepared for publication are in accordance with APA guidelines and the R3’s style guide.
- Excellent command of language
- Proficiency working in Word
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills
We ask for a 2 year commitment
Please have a copy of your professional CV/resume available when you are ready to submit your application. Your CV should support whatever expertise you hope to bring to your work and/or show that you are able to work on a team and meet deadlines dependably.
We request that you limit your CV to 2 pages in length. All attachments must be in PDF form. Once you are ready, please click the applicable link above to begin the application process.
Confidentiality: Prior to reading, reviewing,or contributing to any material being prepared for publication, Managing Editors, Reviewers, Mentors, and Copy Editors will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement. This is done to protect the intellectual property of those submitting.
Roles that we are not actively recruiting for at the moment are outlined below. Please contact us at [email protected] for more information if you are interested in getting involved in these roles.
Editorial Board Member
The Editorial Board is responsible for the vision of the journal and ensuring its sustainability. Members are responsible for making key decisions, including but not limited to:
- Reviewing and approving new staff
- Determining which submissions will be considered for the peer-review process
- Granting final approval for all submissions recommended for publication
Editorial Board members will be asked to commit to a term length of three years, with the option to renew for an additional term at the beginning of the third year.
Advisory Board Member
The Advisory Board provides necessary counsel to the Editorial Board; however, all decisions in regard to R3 will be reached as the result of the independent judgment of the Editorial Board. Activities that Advisory Board members would be asked to participate in include:
- Periodic meetings to review decisions, courses of action, planning, and organizing
- Periodic tasks such as reviewing and revising documentation
- Responding to queries and appeals for guidance from the Editorial Board
Advisory Board members will be asked to commit to a term length of three years, with the option to renew for an additional term at the beginning of the third year.
R3 recognizes that the peer-review process can be intimidating and difficult to navigate, and we are committed to ensuring the success of our submitting creators. Creators whose work is recommended to undergo revisions during the peer-review process may voluntarily opt to have a mentor assigned to them. The responsibility of the Mentor is to:
- Review the feedback from both reviewers
- Work collaboratively with the creator to provide ongoing constructive feedback during the revision process
- Provide encouragement and guidance
- Assist the creator in preparing their submission for the next peer review
Mentors will be asked to commit to a term length of two years, with the option to renew for an additional term at the beginning of the second year, and will serve on an as-needed basis.